The Lawn Anchor Hammer spike is strong enough to drive like a nail into your rock hard soil, with a hammer. The design allows you to apply great force directly to the spike without damaging your sprinkler head. The 2 inch head allows a size-able target for the hammer’s impact and also gives you plenty of room for your hand or foot if your soil is not rock hard. The design has been field tested by the inventor for over 15 years. The Offset Design transfers all vibration off to the side of the spike which gives unmatched stability to the sprinkler head “no flopping around”. The “offset web” from the spike to the sprinkler gives a non-rotating aspect to the sprinkler when it is engaged in the ground which also adds to the stability of the unit. The finger hole in the web allows a place to apply upward leverage when you want to remove the spike, it also is a place that when storing the unit will turn upside down so the sprinkler head will drain “especially important for gear driven units”. It has No Moving Parts no “ring and collar” to break, it Will Not Bend; the Flexural Strength is 40,000 psi. the spike has a Tensile Strength of 27,000 psi. The Lawn Anchor Offset Spike has a 3/8 inch solid core through the center of the spike and the entire unit is reinforced with fiberglass fibers 1/4 inch long in the entire unit and it is “Made in USA.” The Pressure test was done with a 20 ton hydraulic press with a 2 X 6 yellow pine with no per-drilled hole. This sprinkler spike was just pushed through the board by force. The bolts were drilled through the board are to prevent the board from splitting, the spike is designed ‘Not to Break’. The Lawn Anchor spike can use any ½ inch sprinkler head but comes with a Impact Sprinkler Head, that can stand up to how you want to use the unit, it is fully adjustable, works with high or low pressure and can adjust from 20 feet to 45 feet which gives a coverage area of 6,359 sq ft.
- A SPIKE STRONG enough to drive like a nail into your rock hard soil, with a hammer
- 1 Year Warranty on sprinkler head The offset transfers all vibration to the side of the spike giving stability to the sprinkler head
- 10 YEAR WARRANTY spike only NO MOVING PARTS no “ring and collar” to break
- WILL NOT BEND the Flexural Strength is 40,000 psi. the spike has a Tensile Strength of 27,000 psi
- ENTIRE UNIT is reinforced with fiberglass fibers 1/4 inch long in the entire spike unit and is Made in USA